1965, the Free Legal Aid Clinic (FLAC) provides legal assistance to low income and
elderly residents of Wayne County in the areas of Family Law and Elder
The Clinic focuses on assisting
victims of domestic violence, elder abuse or those who experience great
barriers to justice. FLAC is staffed by
Wayne State University Law School students who provide legal services under the supervision of licensed attorneys, pursuant to Michigan Court Rule 8.120.
In addition, if
you are experiencing a legal issue that is NOT Family Law or Elder Law related,
or are NOT a resident of Wayne
County, feel free to contact our office for referral resources, or try
Want to support FLAC?
- Go to our Donate page to learn more about options for supporting FLAC's mission.
- We are now accepting applications for Fall Student Attorney Positions! FLAC offers a one-of-a-kind opportunity to gain hands on legal experience while providing a vital service to the Detroit community.
- Interested Wayne State Law students should submit their resumes and cover letters by mail or in person to 5425 Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI 48202; or via email to email@example.com.
- All resumes and cover letters are due by Tuesday, August 5, 2014 at 5:00 p.m.
- FLAC is proud to be approaching 50 years of providing legal assistance to low-income community residents and practical legal experience to the students of Wayne State University Law School. For more information, check our Events page.